The VW Crafter
The Crafter has the features to get your business going and keep it on the move. Drive straight into success with the awesome VW Crafter.
- Side Wind Assist – using the electromechanical power steering and various sensors in the vehicle, the New Crafter is able to counter the effect of cross winds on the side of the vehicle, enabling the vehicle to behave more predictably when navigating strong winds and winding passes.
- Multi-collision brake – in the event of a collision, the vehicle will apply braking pressure, by using its electronic aids, to slow the vehicle in an attempt to reduce the chance of a secondary collision.
- Electromechanical power steering – Together with the chassis and suspension setup, it enables driving similar to that of passengers, improving driving comfort. The advantage of this type of power steering system is that it allows for driver assistance systems to be included such as Park Assist, Trailer assist and Lane assist.
- Largest loading compartment length – The Crafter boasts the largest load compartment length in class at a maximum of 4,859mm* (*LWB with overhang and optional Super High Roof).
- Largest sliding door width – With its large sliding door width, at 1300mm, it is possible to use a forklift to load those oversized or heavy good from the side of the vehicle; making loading easier and more efficient.
- Driver cabin ergonomics – The driver’s cabin was designed to offer maximum practicality and comfort for the driver, co-driver and passengers. New features include large storage compartments on top of the dash panel, suitable for holding writing pads in A4 format, storage compartments big enough to hold a4 lever arch files or laptops. The New Crafter has been built with the driver in mind.
- Best drag coefficient – For best possible efficiency, the aerodynamics of the vehicle are optimised resulting in an aerodynamically efficient vehicle with the optimal consumption and emissions.
- 12 Year Anti-corrosion Warranty – Electro-galvanising with a smooth finish for visible panels, coated with zinc phosphate via a cathodic paint process ensures that the body is protected against the harsh elements and rust.
- Durability – During the testing phase, more than 700 vehicles underwent stringent testing; 10 000km intensified corrosion test, as well as intensified short and long-distance testing with a specified durability for the drivetrain of 300 000km minimum, to name a few.
- Load Adaptive Control – Changes in the vehicle mass and centre of gravity along the longitudinal axis of the vehicle trigger the safety systems ABS, Traction Control and ESC to the vehicle load; ensuring a smoother and safer drive.
- Trailer assist Stabilisation – Assists in overcoming danger with trailer sway, initially via brake intervention on alternating sides of the towing vehicle and if this is not sufficient, all four of the towing vehicles wheels are braked.
- Brake Disc Wipe – Resulting in faster brake response in wet driving conditions, the brake disc wipe function is automatically activated whenever the interval function of the windscreen wipers is switched on and the vehicle speed goes over 70km/h. the film of water is wiped off the brake discs at regular intervals with no physical contact.